Carlo Vialu, PT, MBA served as Director of Physical Therapy for the NYC Department of Education, where he oversaw a program with over 700 PTs working in more than 1,500 schools. He is project manager of research on normative data for five mobility tests for school-aged children, & co-founder of www.SeekFreaks.com.
Laurie Ray, MPT, PhD has over 17 years of experience in school-based practice and is a state-level PT consultant for public schools. She is a co-author and co-publisher of www.SeekFreaks.com, an evidence-based online resource for pediatric PTs, OTs, and SLPs. She also consults for Medicaid and Adapted Physical Education for her state and is an Associate Professor at UNC-Chapel Hill.
Jennifer Wissinger, PT, DPT, PCS serves early intervention and preschool children in Columbus, OH. She is a Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Pediatric PT with over 15 years of experience practicing in public schools (preschool through high school), county board of developmental disability programs for adults, home health care, and early intervention. She enjoys engaging learners of all levels to use evidence and to work collaboratively in teams to serve children and their families.
Peggy Morris, OTD, OTR/L, BCP is an OT with 30+ years of peds experience in early intervention, private practice & out-patient, but most of her experience & passion is in school-based practice. She coordinates the post-professional MS and OTD programs & school-based certificate program at Tufts University. She is Board Certified in Pediatrics through the AOTA, and a regular SeekFreaks contributor.
Carly Matichak Stock, PT, DPT has had the pleasure of working in the realm of pediatrics, including school-based, multi-disciplinary clinics, research, outpatient and inpatient rehabilitation settings. She currently practices in the Harford County Public Schools in Bel Air, Maryland. Carly was a faculty mentor in the pediatric residency program at Kennedy Krieger Institute responsible for the school-based and muscular dystrophy components. Carly is passionate about forming meaningful relationships with children and families she serves and offering creative evidence-informed therapy services.
Bonus Webinar Instructor: Sue Cecere, PT, MHS is the owner of Sequoia School Based Therapy Solutions, LLC, a consulting company that supports districts, agencies and therapists in the practice of school-based therapy services by providing mentoring, professional development and administrative support. Sue’s career has spanned 25 years in the school based and early intervention practice settings both as a service provider and program administrator. She is an active member of APTA’s Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy, where she has co-authored several fact sheets on school practice issues and served as its vice president for 8 years.
CLICK BELOW FOR DETAILS ABOUT EACH WEBINAR
Webinar 1: How Do I Fit in School-Based Services? with Jennifer Wissinger, PT, DPT
Webinar 2: The IEP and Me with Jennifer Wissinger, PT, DPT
Webinar 3: Medicaid, Plan of Care and Documentation with Laurie Ray, MPT, PhD
Webinar 4: Section 504, ADA, FERPA and HIPAA with Laurie Ray, MPT, PhD
Webinar 5: Creating Goals that Are Easy to Monitor with Peggy Morris, OTD, OTR/L, BCP
Webinar 6: Autism Spectrum Disorder: Evidence-based Interventions for Social Participation and Self-regulation wiht Peggy Morris, ORD, OTR/L
Webinar 7: Fine Motor and Visual Motor Skills with Peggy Morris, OTD, OTR/L, BCP
Webinar 8: Telehealth in Pediatrics with Carly Matichak Stock, PT, DPT
Early Bird! Register by August 14 and get free access to Dosing Concepts in School-based Practice with Sue Cecere, PT, MHS
Bonus Webinar: Maintaining Educational Relevance in Teletherapy with Carlo Vialu, PT, MBA
13.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this symposium. (You get an extra 1.5 hours for the Dosing Webinar if you're an Early Bird)
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL and NY, and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL and NY, and AOTA (See AOTA Imprimatur under each webinar listed above for approval details).
- These OT state boards accept approval by AOTA, other state boards or associations: AL, AK, AR, DE, DC, FL, IL, IN, KY, LA, MD, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NV, NH, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VT, VA, WI and DC.
- These states do not require pre-approval of courses or have no CE requirements for OTs and OTAs: AZ, CA, CO, CT, GA, HI, ID, IA, KS, ME, MA, NE, NJ, UT, WA, WV and WY.
- If you would like to obtain CEUs for another state, please email us.
For each webinar, learners must watch the video and complete course requirements, including scoring 70% or higher in the post-test to receive a certificate. Five (5) post-test retakes are allowed; if you exceed this limit, please email us.
WHAT THERAPISTS SAY ABOUT THE SYMPOSIUM
This symposium was the best two-day conference I have ever attended. – OT with 11 years of experience
Excellent! Packed full of relevant information that I can implement in my practice immediately. Tons of resources provided. Hands down the best continuing ed that I have attended. Thank you!!! – OT from PA
- Truly the most valuable course ever for SBPTs+ SBOTs. Should be mandatory for all therapists working in schools. So grateful for all of this very relevant info. Please Come Back! – PT with 20+ years experience
This has been such a great conference! I am new to the schools and have been searching all year for evidence based research and guidance on how to best function in a school setting. I wish I would have had all of this knowledge at the start of the school year, and am so excited to get back in the fall and be able to implement what I learned. – PT with 13 years experience
This was an excellent symposium over flowing with research and evidence to relate to real world practice. – OT with 6 years of experience
- This symposium has been time well spent! The information I learned here will become a well-loved part of my practice on a regular basis. Thank you for everything. – OT with 3 years experience
- One of the best PD conferences I’ve attended due to the abundance of resources provided – COTA with 6 years experience
- First course I have attended with new and challenging information in a very long time!! Most courses are too basic and don’t challenge me to think differently – this did! Thanks! – OT with 20 years experience
- Thank you for being ‘coaches’ to facilitate my clinical reasoning skills – OT with 35 years experience
- Best CE taken in 24 years as a PT! – PT with 24 years experience
LOTS of valuable information. Would highly recommend Symposium to others. – PT with 25 years experience
- Mind blowing – PT with 30 years experience
- Can’t wait to go back to my district and bring them all I have learned. Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Love the laughter you all brought to each workshop! – PT with 21 years experience
I really enjoyed it. Great resources and ideas to immediately embed into my practice. This is my second conference of yours. I will be back for more!! – PT with 27 years experience
Thank you so much for all of the wonderful information! This is my second APPLY EBP Symposium, and as before, I leave feeling empowered and eager to grow my evidence-based practice and strategies. – PT with 16 years experience
- You will have access to this course for at least 60 days.
- There is no cancellation once course is purchased. Please email us if you have any questions.
Apply EBP, LLC abide by all provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Apply EBP, LLC is committed to equal educational access for individuals with disabilities. Apply EBP, LLC does not discriminate against any individuals with disabilities from registering or attending any of our courses. We work closely with venues to ensure that facilities utilized are accessible. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact us via email or phone (646-269-9039) with requests for accommodations. Apply EBP, LLC will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations.