Peggy Morris, OTD, OTR/L, BCP is an OT with 30+ years of peds experience in early intervention, private practice & out-patient, but most of her experience & passion is in school-based practice. She coordinates the post-professional MS and OTD programs & school-based certificate program at Tufts University. She is Board Certified in Pediatrics through the AOTA, and a regular SeekFreaks contributor.
Lauren Holahan, PhD, OT/L has 20+ yrs experience in school-based practice as an OT, a district administrator, and a statewide consultant for OT. She currently serves as Coordinator for State Systemic Improvement Plan (Indicator 17), School Mental Health & Medicaid with the NC Department of Public Instruction. She also served as the Chair of NC Board of Occupational Therapy from 2008 to 2012.
Carly Matichak Stock, PT, DPT has had the pleasure of working in the realm of pediatrics, including school-based, multi-disciplinary clinics, research, outpatient and inpatient rehabilitation settings. She currently practices in the Harford County Public Schools in Bel Air, Maryland. Carly was a faculty mentor in the pediatric residency program at Kennedy Krieger Institute responsible for the school-based and muscular dystrophy components. Carly is passionate about forming meaningful relationships with children and families she serves and offering creative evidence-informed therapy services.
Laurie Ray, MPT, PhD has over 17 years of experience in school-based practice and is a state-level PT consultant for public schools. She is a co-author and co-publisher of www.SeekFreaks.com, an evidence-based online resource for pediatric PTs, OTs, and SLPs. She also consults for Medicaid and Adapted Physical Education for her state and is an Associate Professor at UNC-Chapel Hill.
Alyssa LaForme Fiss, PT, PhD is a Professor of Physical Therapy at Texas Woman’s University in Dallas, Texas. Her research focuses on examining and identifying effective service delivery models to improve activity and participation in children and youth with cerebral palsy and Down syndrome. She served as co-investigator in the multi-site Move & PLAY and On Track research studies examining developmental trajectories of children with cerebral palsy. She has published widely and has presented extensively at the regional, national, and international level.
Erika Buckhouse Hanson, PT has worked in the schools for 18 years. She is a clinical instructor, mentor therapist and special education teachers and course-captain. She co-wrote North Dakota's first-ever Guidelines for Occupational and Physical Therapy in Educational Settings. She has advanced training in the Nurtured Heart Approach®, which she has successfully employed professionally when working with children with challenging behaviors, and privately as a mother of four children, one who struggles with self-regulation. Erika is published author on Scary Mom and Fargo Mom Collective.
Carlo Vialu, PT, MBA served as Director of Physical Therapy for the NYC Department of Education, where he oversaw a program with over 700 PTs working in more than 1,500 schools. He is project manager of research on normative data for five mobility tests for school-aged children, & co-founder of www.SeekFreaks.com.
Patti Sharp, OTD, MS, OTR/L is a certified CO-OP Instructor, and OT at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center (CCHMC). She co-leads the Developmental Coordination Disorder Community of Practice at CCHMC. She is an adjunct instructor at the University of Cincinnati. She works with children and youth with DCD, ASD, CP, SCI, TBI, orthopedic and neurologic injuries, and developmental delay. She also previously worked in neurorehabilitation and burn units. Patti is excited to share her passion for evidence-based practices with her therapy colleagues.
CLICK BELOW FOR DETAILS ABOUT EACH WEBINAR
Webinar 1: Evidence-based Practices for Indirect and Direct Services with Peggy Morris, OTD, OTR/L, BCP
Webinar 2: Predicting the Future to Plan the Now! Using Prognosis in Cerebral Palsy with Alyssa LaForme Fiss, PT, PhD
Webinar 3: Developmental Coordination Disorder - Management of Children with DCD with Patti Sharp OTD, OTR/L
Webinar 4: Sensory Processing and Behavior: Autism with Lauren Holahan, PhD, OT/L
Webinar 5: Video Modeling with Erika Buckhouse Hanson, PT
Webinar 6: Acquired Brain Injury/Traumatic Brain Injury with Carly Matichack Stock, PT, DPT
Webinar 7: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy with Carly Matichack Stock, PT, DPT
Webinar 8: Jump-Start Their Futures with Laurie Ray, MPT, PhD
Bonus Webinar: Maintaining Educational Relevance in Teletherapy with Carlo Vialu, PT, MBA
Early Bird! Register by October 14 and get free access to Telehealth in Pediatrics with Carly Matichak Stock, PT, DPT
14 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this symposium. (You get an extra 1.5 hours for the DCD Webinar if you're an Early Bird)
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL and NY, and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL and AOTA (See AOTA Imprimatur under each webinar for approval details).
- This symposium is approved for PTs and PTAs in AR, CA, NJ (#2011-01) and OH (OPTA Approval #20S2179)
- These PT state boards accept approval by other states boards, other state associations, or AOTA: AK, AZ, DE, FL, HI, IN, KY, MI, MT, NC, ND, OR, PA, SD, TN, UT, VT, VA, WI, WY and DC.
- These states do not require pre-approval of courses or have no CE requirements for PTs and PTAs: AL, CO, CT, GA, IA, KS, ME, MA, MO, NE, NH, and WA.
- If you would like to obtain CEUs for another state, please email us.
For each webinar, learners must watch the video and complete course requirements, including scoring 70% or higher in the post-test to receive a certificate. Five (5) post-test retakes are allowed; if you exceed this limit, please email us.
WHAT THERAPISTS SAY ABOUT THE SYMPOSIUM
- Truly the most valuable course ever for SBPTs+ SBOTs. Should be mandatory for all therapists working in schools. So grateful for all of this very relevant info. Please Come Back! – PT with 20+ years experience
- LOTS of valuable information. Would highly recommend Symposium to others. – PT with 25 years experience
- This has been such a great conference! I am new to the schools and have been searching all year for evidence based research and guidance on how to best function in a school setting. I wish I would have had all of this knowledge at the start of the school year, and am so excited to get back in the fall and be able to implement what I learned. – PT with 13 years experience
- Mind blowing – PT with 30 years experience
- I really enjoyed it. Great resources and ideas to immediately embed into my practice. This is my second conference of yours. I will be back for more!! – PT with 27 years experience
- Thank you so much for all of the wonderful information! This is my second APPLY EBP Symposium, and as before, I leave feeling empowered and eager to grow my evidence-based practice and strategies. – PT with 16 years experience
- Can’t wait to go back to my district and bring them all I have learned. Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Love the laughter you all brought to each workshop! – PT with 21 years experience
- Best CE taken in 24 years as a PT! – PT with 24 years experience
- This symposium was the best two-day conference I have ever attended. – OT with 11 years of experience
- Excellent! Packed full of relevant information that I can implement in my practice immediately. Tons of resources provided. Hands down the best continuing ed that I have attended. Thank you!!! – OT from PA
- This was an excellent symposium over flowing with research and evidence to relate to real world practice. – OT with 6 years of experience
- This symposium has been time well spent! The information I learned here will become a well-loved part of my practice on a regular basis. Thank you for everything. – OT with 3 years experience
- First course I have attended with new and challenging information in a very long time!! Most courses are too basic and don’t challenge me to think differently – this did! Thanks! – OT with 20 years experience
- Thank you for being ‘coaches’ to facilitate my clinical reasoning skills – OT with 35 years experience
- Apply EBP does an excellent job of providing relevant continuing education to pediatric therapists. I am challenged and inspired by the presentations. Thank you for your contribution to PT and OT practice. – PT with 30 years experience
- You will have access to this course for at least 60 days.
- There is no cancellation once course is purchased. Please email us if you have any questions.
Apply EBP, LLC abide by all provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Apply EBP, LLC is committed to equal educational access for individuals with disabilities. Apply EBP, LLC does not discriminate against any individuals with disabilities from registering or attending any of our courses. We work closely with venues to ensure that facilities utilized are accessible. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact us via email or phone (646-269-9039) with requests for accommodations. Apply EBP, LLC will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations.