INSTRUCTOR: Sue Cecere, PT, MHS is the owner of Sequoia School Based Therapy Solutions, LLC, a consulting company that supports districts, agencies and therapists in the practice of school-based therapy services by providing mentoring, professional development and administrative support. Sue’s career has spanned 25 years in the school based and early intervention practice settings both as a service provider and program administrator. She is an active member of APTA’s Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy, where she has co-authored several fact sheets on school practice issues and served as its vice president for 8 years.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs, PTAs, and Educators
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
PREREQUISITE: Knowledge of special education eligibility under IDEA. If you would like to learn more about this topic, watch How Do I Fit in School-based Services?
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected to:
- Identify 2 school-based dosing challenge
- Determine 2 ways frames of reference can support dosing decisions
- Identify 3 dosing concepts that support decision-making on the amount of therapy support needed by a student to meaningfully participate in their education
- School-based Dosing Challenges
- Frames of Reference for Dosing Decisions
- Dosing Considerations, and a Case Study Application
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL, NY, and AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).