INSTRUCTOR: Peggy Morris, OTD, OTR/L, BCP is an OT with 30+ years of peds experience in early intervention, private practice & out-patient, but most of her experience & passion is in school-based practice. She coordinates the post-professional MS and OTD programs & school-based certificate program at Tufts University. She is Board Certified in Pediatrics through the AOTA, and a regular SeekFreaks contributor.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs and PTAs
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected:
- Identify the efficacy of at least 2 therapy interventions for fine motor and visual motor skills.
- Determine 2 evidence-informed strategies to help children with visual perception difficulties successfully participate in their education, ADLs or other areas of function
- Apply 2 evidence-informed principles in designing interventions for achieving goals in handwriting, dressing or other meaningful activities, for a case scenario of a child with fine motor and visual motor challenges
- Evidence of therapeutic interventions for fine motor, visual motor and visual perception skills
- The Person-Environment-Occupation (PEO) model of practice
- Framework for intervention planning
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL, NY, and AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).