INSTRUCTOR: Peggy Morris, OTD, OTR/L, BCP is an OT with 30+ years of peds experience in early intervention, private practice & out-patient, but most of her experience & passion is in school-based practice. She coordinates the post-professional MS and OTD programs & school-based certificate program at Tufts University. She is Board Certified in Pediatrics through the AOTA, and a regular SeekFreaks contributor.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs, PTAs, SLPs and Educators
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected to:
- List 3 positive impacts of a strengths-based approach in terms of client outcomes
- Identify 3 strength-based assessment tools that can yield the student/family’s strengths and goals
- Determine 3 ways to incorporate strengths-based strategies to promote the child's participation in meaningful outcomes, such as play and leisure, ADL and education
- Background: The Strengths-based Approach: 31 minutes
- Strengths-based Assessment: 34 minutes
Strengths-based Approach to Intervention: 21 minutes
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL, NY, and AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).