INSTRUCTOR: Erika Buckhouse Hanson, PT has worked in the schools for 18 years. She is a clinical instructor, mentor therapist and special education teachers and course-captain. She co-wrote North Dakota's first-ever Guidelines for Occupational and Physical Therapy in Educational Settings. She has advanced training in the Nurtured Heart Approach®, which she has successfully employed professionally when working with children with challenging behaviors, and privately as a mother of four children, one of whom struggles with self-regulation. Erika is published author on Scary Mom and Fargo Mom Collective.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs, PTAs, SLPs and Educators
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected to:
- Select 2 skills that can be targeted with video modeling to help a pediatric client participate in ADLs, social participation, play and leisure or other meaningful activities
- Identify 3 strategies in creating a video to utilize for video modeling
- Determine 2 strategies in implementing video modeling for a pediatric client
- The power of videos
- Research and evidence for the use of video modeling
- 4 types of Video Modeling
- Steps and instructions on how to video model
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL, and AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).