INSTRUCTOR: Patti Sharp, OTD, MS, OTR/L is a certified CO-OP Instructor, and OT at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center (CCHMC). She co-leads the Developmental Coordination Disorder Community of Practice at CCHMC. She is an adjunct instructor at the University of Cincinnati. She works with children and youth with DCD, ASD, CP, SCI, TBI, orthopedic and neurologic injuries, and developmental delay. She also previously worked in neurorehabilitation and burn units. Patti is excited to share her passion for evidence-based practices with her therapy colleagues.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs, PTAs, and Educators
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected to:
- Identify 2 common signs and symptoms of children with possible Developmental Coordination Disorder
- Determine 2 recommended screening and assessment tools for children with possible DCD
- Select 3 effective strategies in helping children with possible DCDC participate in meaningful activities with their peers
- What is Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD)?
- DSM-5 Criteria of DCD: Screening and Assessment Tools
- Strategies for Children with DCD
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN and IL, and by AOTA (See imprimatur below for details).